Sunday, July 6, 2014

On the rocks by Erin Duffy 2 stars **

 So how do I write and honest review without turning readers away from getting this book. It occurred to me that books are like food. Everyone has their own taste in books and what they like. So to ME I didn't like it but to someone else, they may love it. It is all in a persons individual taste. 

Authors go through countless hours and herd work to write books and I am not the type of reviewer to tear them down. So before I write any further, I suggest everyone go get the book and read it for yourself as this review is just my opinion and personal take on the book.

I really did not like this book as it seemed to "cookie cutter" to me. Too many books like this or similar storyline like it out there. Classic bride gets dumped before wedding and left her broken-hearted. Abby's fiance did it on Facebook. So it is publicly out there for the world to see with no escape. her best friend helps her move on and suggests ways to get back into the game. The storyline is just simple and classic to me with no pizazz  or something that makes it unique. It was hard for me to read  and the ending was not at all what I expected.  I do like how the story included modern aspects like Facebook and social media as that is truly the age we are in. Will Abby find someone or will no one be good enough.  


2 stars **

Best Regards,
Melissa



No comments:

Post a Comment